life...or something like it

Monday, October 23, 2006

And October is pretty much gone...

This year is going way too fast. I can't believe it's almost November already. There are still so many things I want to do before I graduate, and I'm just not sure if I can fit it all in. I still have to go down to Pittsburgh for my alumni interview, and start my senior project. For some reason this year, I can't make myself get things done until the last possible moment. I've never been like that. I'm really afraid of graduation lately because that is all everyone seems to be talking about. I'm just trying to get everything done day to day and thinking about my future keeps getting pushed back.

Last week wasn't the greatest in broadcasting. Pam and I were up here over the mid-break and were going to go to the Borough meeting, but we got there just as everyone was leaving. They called a special 5:00 meeting so we missed everything and of course got no sound. It was horrible. Our morning show went pretty well on Wednesday, but we were still bummed about the meeting and it wasn't one of our better ones. My newscast on Friday was one of the few things that went well last week. We pulled tons of sound on the Wilmington-Sharon game and previewing Westminster's Homecoming. I also pulled sound from the Arlen Spector interview and used that to relate back to election day coming up. We almost had too much sound...it was sweet!

My producing shift today wasn't too bad...Monday afternoons are always pretty slow. It's weird that my news shifts fall at the very beginning and very end of the week. It's sometimes hard to get into the flow of things.

This week, I'll be going down to Frostburg State (Maryland) with Titan Crew to broadcast the game. It's an overnight trip so it will take up the majority of my weekend. There's only a few more games though! I also got roped into doing the League of Women's Voters next Wednesday, which I've never done, but not really looking forward to. I'll be running graphics, but it doesn't sound to interesting.

I'm really enjoying the photo-journalism workshop that I'm in because it gives me a chance to take creative photos. My pictures are getting better each week, and I like discussing different pictures and hearing what everyone likes/dislikes about them. I'm glad I took it.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Liz Farry said...

Hey dude, it was great seeing you this weekend, but too quick!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I enjoyed reading the article your wrote for the magazine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home