life...or something like it

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just another week in broadcasting...

This was actually a really good broadcasting week for me. My producing shift for Monday afternoon news went really well...we ripped sound from TCL for 2 stories (an upcoming peacestudies coffeehouse, and a preview of the big Wilmington-Sharon game). Newscasts are definitely getting better.

Also, the Westminster College Magazine came out this week with mine and DJ's stories. I think they turned out really well, and I was excited to be published :) I liked writing for the magazine because, unlike news, I was able to incorporate a little bit of "me" into the stories. The research and interviews were fun, and I just really enjoyed that kind of writing for a change. I would definitely do it again if the opportunity came up.

Also this week was my first County Close-Up Interview on The County Line. For those of you who don't know what The County Line is, it is a weekly news magazine show that broadcasting students produce and report for each Thursday night. The interview segment features a different person each week that is somehow prominent in local news and usually lasts about 5-7 minutes. This week, I interviewed Mayor of New Wilmington Wendell Wagner about Homecoming weekend quickly approaching and how that affected our community. He was very nice, and a very good interview. I think it went pretty well for my first time.

I plan to attend the New Wilmington Borough meeting with Pam on Monday to get some stories for later in the week. Also, I'm going to dub my TCL interview onto a Mini-Disc to use for my long format interview for journalism.

Things to start thinking about:
Senior Project
Alumni Interview (capstone)
Phone Interview (journalism)
Figuring out what I want to do after graduation!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home