One Cap and Gown Down...
The cap and gown is purchased and ready go, the announcements are in the mail, and senior week plans are in the mix....so what's left? Here are some things that are still on my graduation check-list:
1. Finish my E-portfolio complete with writing samples (news scripts and WC Magazine articles), air-checks of "Pem and Em in the AM" and newscasts/radio shifts, sound bytes from long format interview, resume -- I have everything organized, it's just a matter of creating the actual portfolio. I'd also like to include some of the pictures I have worked with in my digital photography class!
2. Look for a job? I'm still a little fuzzy about what I want to do, but I got some advice to sent out my stuff and apply for the jobs that I never thought I would get first. I am actually heading out to Colorado to stay with some family right after graduation, so I am looking around what is available in that area. I am taking things day by day and seeing what opportunities pop up.
3. Put Together Capstone Presentation. I pretty much know what I have to present, it's just a matter of how I'm going to do it! The capstone class is doing a little group presentation as well-- including confessionals and video montages...so I'm looking forward to working on that.
4. Complete Sexual Task Force Interview and participate in upcoming Relay For Life Event for my Radio/TV Announcing class.
5. Pass Environmental Science...I never thought it was possible, but I promise you, it will happen!!!
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not rid of all my graduation butterflies. However, they have become fewer and far between lately. I really like that Dr. Barner has invited past graduates to come and speak to our announcing class because it has helped to show me how much they have improved since graduation and how they really love what they are doing now. Even though it is not always easy, they have all agreed that it's worth it. I hope I feel the same way some day!!