life...or something like it

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I checked out some job postings on Yahoo! HotJobs and searched according to different criteria to get an idea of what was out there. First, I searched by type of job (broadcasting, communications, journalism, writing, etc.) Then, I searched by city or state to see what kind of places had a lot of opportunities. I realized that I might have an interest in working for TLC Network and I searched through some of their listings as well. I also got to talk to Pat Sandora for a little bit when he visited campus, and I may end up looking into the same program he did for NBC.

Also, as I continue to gather my work for my E-portfolio, I've been thinking about what I would like it to focus on...or what I really want to stand out to potential employers. One thing I really want to stand out is my writing, so I am including a lot of writing samples of broadcast and long-format stories. I'm including on-air stuff as well, because that also displays my writing and ability to ad-lib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home